Making the decision to sell your house is a big step and takes a lot of preparation. You will need to buckle down and get into marketing mode because there’s only one audience that will
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Braunfels
Dated: November 6 2023
Located less than an hour's drive from bustling San Antonio, New Braunfels is home to the Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo, as well as Naegelin's, the oldest bakery in Texas. Both attractions draw in visitors from all over as well as the local residents including some of the 7,894 seniors who reside in the city. For those seniors that require specialized care, there are seven assisted living facilities located directly within the city.
In Texas, including New Braunfels, the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) regulates and oversees assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Braunfels
- New Braunfels has a high cost of living at 108.3, eight points higher than the national average of 100, with housing being the biggest factor. However, transportation, groceries and healthcare all rank lower than the average, which might be good news to seniors with their hearts set on the area.
- The New Braunfels area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Resolute Health Hospital and Heart and Vascular Institute of Texas, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in New Braunfels can take advantage of state income tax laws to maximize their retirement income. Texas does not tax seniors on their Social Security benefits, retirement savings account income or pensions.
- Although violent crime rates in New Braunfels are 16.8, six points lower than the national average of 22.7, property crime rates are much higher at 40.5, five points higher than the national average of 35.4. While assisted living facilities in this city offer security features like alarm systems and high-security locks, this may be a concern for some seniors.
- New Braunfels has fair air quality, ranking 59 on a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality. This is only one point higher than the national average of 58, but seniors may find they have an easier time breathing in New Braunfels than in other areas of Texas.
- New Braunfels hot summers may deter seniors who prefer mild temperatures. The average July high is 93 degrees and the area receives 226 sunny days per year, 21 more than the national average of 205.
WELCOME TO EDWARDS COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE!Our Agency's primary focus is in the New Braunfels and IH 35 corridor, San Antonio to Austin and surrounding areas including Seguin, San Marcos, and Gonzales.....
Latest Blog Posts
By Caring.comLocated less than an hour's drive from bustling San Antonio, New Braunfels is home to the Animal World and Snake Farm Zoo, as well as Naegelin's, the oldest bakery in Texas. Both
The Winter Texan season is upon us! This is that special time of the year where the Hill Country greets part-time Texans. Winter Texans flee from the colder areas of the north for the warmer areas,