The Winter Texan season is upon us! This is that special time of the year where the Hill Country greets part-time Texans. Winter Texans flee from the colder areas of the north for the warmer areas, like New Braunfels. In a way, New Braunfels can be called “a second home” for these seasonal citizens. But what is the appeal for Winter Texans to call the Hill Country home? Here are the “5 Things A Winter Texan Can Enjoy In New Braunfels.”
- Wassailfest. On December 1st, the vendors set up their delicious cider samplings for all of New Braunfels to enjoy. With the splendid view of twinkling Christmas lights, business-to-business mingling, and the amazing taste of wassail - there’s plenty of fun to have during our very own holiday festival. http://www.nbtexas.org/1490/Wassailfest
- Christmas at The Caverns. Celebrate the holidays on a whole new level. On select days, Natural Bridge Caverns brings out their Christmas cheer and decorates the park in beautiful lights. This magical wonderland will host several attractions - Caroling in The Caverns, The AMAZEn’ Round-up, The Christmas Village, and more! Enjoy this Winter Wonderland December 10, 11, and 17-23. Tickets on sale now! http://www.naturalbridgecaverns.com/(S(jtuy3db3uayxihv0zqubu13t))/christmasatCaverns.aspx
- Caroling On The Plaza. The holiday season is always a harmonious one! The Greater New Braunfels Art Council presents their 36th Annual “Caroling On The Plaza” concert. Lift your holiday spirit with the beautiful voices from children and adults alike. Head to the Downtown Plaza on December 9th, bring lawn chairs, and kick back to the carols. http://www.gnbarts.org/carolingontheplaza
- Santa’s Ranch. Just down IH 35 is a Christmas wonderland like no other. Light displays in all shapes and sizes to create the Texas “North Pole”. Simply take a leisure drive through this spectacular holiday scene. Santa’s Ranch is open November 4th-January 1st, Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm, and Friday-Saturday 6:00pm-11:00pm. http://www.santasranch.net/
- Texas Ski Ranch Snow Park. Ever want to try snowboarding? Shred it up right here in New Braunfels! Anyone can learn and experience the thrilling sensation of the hilly “snow park” landscape of Texas Ski Ranch. Whether you’re a resident of New Braunfels or not, this is something new for everyone in the Hill Country to try! http://texasskiranch.com/activities/snow
Are you or do you know a Winter Texan looking for the perfect location to call home all year round? Give us a call at 830-620-7653 to discuss our current listings or to arrange a viewing!