Now that summer has officially arrived and the temperatures are consistently high, it’s time for you to get outside and enjoy that sunshine! New Braunfels has no shortage of exciting things to do - here are a few of the ways you can spend your summer days when you’re not at the waterpark or floating down the river!
- First, for over 30 years, the dance slab in Landa Park has played host to the city’s “Concerts in the Park” series. Every Thursday in June and July from 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm, a talented local artist or band arrives to provide the soundtrack to your summer night. This year’s performers range from country groups, rock bands, and even a jazz combo! Admission is free; bring a lawn chair, comfortable shoes, and some extra water, and get ready to boogie! Visit the Concerts in the Park website for more information.
- Elsewhere in Landa Park are several other opportunities for fun, including a set of paddleboats, a wading pool, and Panther Canyon, a nature trail cut through the gently sloping woods of New Braunfels. A miniature train even runs through the park! Grab your family and plan to spend the whole day.
- Tucked away in nearby Prince Solms Park is one of the best-kept secrets of New Braunfels: the Tube Chute! A water slide cut into the city’s dam on the Comal River, the Tube Chute is the longest of its kind in the world! The Chute is open daily from June 5 - mid-August (Mondays 12-7pm; Tuesday-Sunday 10am-7pm). Admission wristbands are $5/person, and Prince Solms Park parking is $10 between 8 am and 7 pm. Tube rentals are also available. For more information, click here.
- What better way to spend your bright summer days than out on the golf course? New Braunfels is proud to host several quality courses, including the recently renovated Landa Park Golf Course at Comal Springs. Other courses include the shady Lakeside Golf Club in Canyon Lake, the straight and narrow Northcliffe Golf Club, the strikingly elevated Olympia Hills Golf Course, and New Braunfels' own champion course, The Bandit Golf Club. Regardless of the course, due to traffic, is recommended to book a tee time well in advance.
- If you’re looking to relax with a drink and some quality music, Gruene Hall has what you need. In addition to their daily live music programs, Gruene Hall also features three events that recur each week. First are Two Ton Tuesdays, featuring swing dance lessons and a performance from Texas swing band Two Tons of Steel. Next is the Friday Afternoon Club, a gotta-be-there happy hour featuring prize giveaways, artist interviews, and tunes broadcast live by KNBT 92.1 New Braunfels. Finally, every Sunday is the Gospel Brunch with a Texas Twist, led by classic Gruene Hall artist Bret Graham and featuring a buffet catered by the Gristmill Restaurant! For more information on all these events, visit Gruene Hall’s website.
From tubing to golf, outdoor music to indoor socializing, New Braunfels has it all. If you’re looking to move to this vibrant town, contact D. Lee Edwards!